Saturday, April 28, 2007

Railroad Industry SIG Meet in Cleveland


On Friday night, April 27, 2007 I gave a presentation to the participants of the NMRA Railroad Industries Special Interest Group in Cleveland. I gave two talks, the first a general overview of the steel industry and railroads of the Mahoning Valley, the second a detailed look at the operations of the Youngstown Sheet and Tube Brier Hill Works and our efforts to create the Youngstown Steel Heritage Park.
Many thanks to Aaron Dupont who organized a great meet. Also thanks to Ken Izzo who sold many of our drawing CDs and was largely responsible for the over $500 which we raised at the meet. I was also able to meet face to face many of our supporters who until now I've only known from the Internet.
In the picture above I am talking to Ted Schultz, a former YS&T employee and wealth of knowlege about Sheet and Tube operations in the late 1970s. In the background is a large map of the Brier Hill Works.

No comments: